Sunday, November 20, 2011

A New Start

This is a song I wrote about 2 or 3 years ago.
It was inspired by a talk about Psalm 3 by one of my close friends which really touched me deeply.
It's about being saved by God's love, and being safe and secure because of this infinite love He has. :)

A New Start

You are the love, my God who cherishes my life
You were the reason I survived
I was drawn beneath the edge, thrown across the line
But still You found a way to draw me back into Your arms

And You're the one who would lift me up and set me high above all else
You've carved up my name in the palm of Your hands
And so I shall never fear though enemies are near
'Cause I know that You are here with me, beside me through this fight

So I lean my head on You and rest, depend on You alone, Oh Lord
The power of Your Mighty Hand will deliver me from this world
And so I lay me down with You my King
Without the fear of anything
Then I'll wake up and just start anew
A journey of a better life with You :)


No comments:

Post a Comment